Sunday, April 17, 2016

Wrap Up: What is Red? #ClrPoem

We just completed our second week of the Twitter Time :: Color/Colour Poem Project.  Many more weeks of color to come!



The object of this collaborative project is to create digital images, share original poems, and publish through our classroom Twitter account using the hashtag #clrpoem! Each week a color of the visible spectrum will be showcased! Everyone is invited to participate!


ROY  G  BIV 

One way to remember the visible spectrum is the
ROY G BIV acronym.
(red-orange-yellow-green-blue-*indigo-violet)








Here are some highlights of What is RED? week. There are poems from California, Hawaii, Georgia, Texas, and England!  Thank you to all who participated!  

♥     ♥     


































































Some poets even recorded themselves reciting a poem in Seesaw!








♥     ♥     
How do I collect the photos and poems? One way is via Google Classroom. Here is a screenshot for next week, What is ORANGE?







♥     ♥     
We are looking forward to next week's Twitter Time!

What is ORANGE? Tweet out your class poetry using the hashtag #ClrPoem!



What was your favorite RED poem?


What are some other ways to collect poems besides using Google Classroom? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs Yollis and Class,

    We really enjoyed reading your poems, and writing our own - the poem about the redwood tree generated a lot of discussion - we don't have that kind of tree in England - so I think that was our favourite for the week!
    Mrs Monaghan & A Room with a View

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. Yollis,

    Today was a great day because we got to pick biographies for our new project. I am sure some people chose poets who wrote great poems, but I chose George Washington. I'm excited to started reading about him, and I'm sure there's so much to learn about him. Here's a poem about him.

    Washington was great,
    He led us to victory,
    George was number one.

    I know I'll have so much more to share about him very soon.

    Your history buff,

    Ari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ari,

      I was very intrigued by your comment because you mentioned biographies! I know this is the time of year in third grade for the biography project, one of my favorites! I'm happy to hear that you are reading about our Founding Father, George Washington. What a great haiku you wrote about him as well!

      In 2013, I visited the Reagan Library where there was a temporary exhibit about President Washington. I posted about it on my classroom blog. Here is a link, so you can check it out and learn more about your biography subject:

      http://mrsranneysclassroomblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/will-real-george-washington-please.html

      I look forward to finding out more about what you've learned, and I can't wait to see who your classmates are reading about!

      Cheers!

      Mrs. Ranney

      Delete

* * *
Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.


Important: All comments MUST be approved by me.
:-) Mrs. Yollis